This combination medication contains calcium channel blocker and angiotensin II receptor blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure. It works by relaxing the blood vessels.
The usual initial dose is 5/20 mg once daily. The maximum recommended dose is 10/40 mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of gallbladder, heart, liver, or kidney disease, low blood pressure, blood vessel problems, stroke or heart attack, blood electrolyte problems, any allergy, patients on other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor blood pressure, kidney function, and blood electrolyte levels regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Low blood pressure, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, rash, palpitations, urinary frequency and nighttime urination.
• Body as a Whole : Weakness, excessive sweating, angioedema, and swelling in the extremities, numbness of an arm or leg.
• Central Nervous System - Severe headache, dizziness or lightheadedness, flushing and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea.
• Musculoskeletal : Damaged skeletal muscle, which leads to kidney failure.
• Genitourinary : Acute kidney failure, erectile dysfunction, decreased sex drive.
• Skin : Hair loss, itching, hives, yellowing of the eyes or skin.
Avoid excess dosage. If a dose of amlodipine/olmesartan is missed, Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store at 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!