Information about Amlodipine and Olmesartan
Generic Name : Amlodipine and Olmesartan
Latest prescription information about Amlodipine and Olmesartan. Learn its indications, dosage, how to take, when to take, when not to take, side effects, special precautions, warnings and its storage instructions . Also listed are the International and Indian trade name(s) of the drug and its price list.
ICD Code : Y52.5
Therapeutic Classification : Anti- Hypertensives
Trade Names/Brand Names of Amlodipine and Olmesartan
International- Azor, Sevikar.
Why is Amlodipine and Olmesartan Prescribed? (Indications)
This combination medication contains calcium channel blocker and angiotensin II receptor blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure. It works by relaxing the blood vessels.
When should Amlodipine and Olmesartan not be taken? (Contraindications)
What is the dosage of Amlodipine and Olmesartan?
The usual initial dose is 5/20 mg once daily. The maximum recommended dose is 10/40 mg.
How should Amlodipine and Olmesartan be taken?
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
What are the warnings and precautions for Amlodipine and Olmesartan?
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of gallbladder, heart, liver, or kidney disease, low blood pressure, blood vessel problems, stroke or heart attack, blood electrolyte problems, any allergy, patients on other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor blood pressure, kidney function, and blood electrolyte levels regularly while taking this medication.
What are the side effects of Amlodipine and Olmesartan?
• Most Common :
Low blood pressure, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, rash, palpitations, urinary frequency and nighttime urination.
• Body as a Whole :
Weakness, excessive sweating, angioedema, and swelling in the extremities, numbness of an arm or leg.
• Central Nervous System - Severe headache, dizziness or lightheadedness, flushing and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal :
Abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea.
• Musculoskeletal :
Damaged skeletal muscle, which leads to kidney failure.
• Genitourinary :
Acute kidney failure, erectile dysfunction, decreased sex drive.
• Skin :
Hair loss, itching, hives, yellowing of the eyes or skin.
What are the other precautions for Amlodipine and Olmesartan?
Avoid excess dosage. If a dose of amlodipine/olmesartan is missed, Do not take 2 doses at once.
What are the storage conditions for Amlodipine and Olmesartan?
Store at 25°C.