This combination medication contains diuretics, prescribed for hypertension and congestive heart failure. It helps the body to get rid of extra salt and water.
Contraindicated in patients with kidney impairment, increased level of potassium in blood and pregnancy.
Adult: PO- Per tab contains amiloride 5 mg and hydrochlorothiazide 50 mg: 1-2 tab/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of untreated salt/mineral imbalance (such as high potassium, low sodium level), kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes, loss of water content in body (dehydration), lupus, gout, high levels of fat content in blood, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery, and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor blood sugar regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
Headache, weakness and fatigue/tiredness.
• Heart : Irregular heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea/loss of appetite, diarrhea, gastrointestinal pain and abdominal pain.
• Metabolic : Elevated serum potassium levels.
• Musculoskeletal : Leg pain.
• Nervous system : Dizziness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
• Skin : Rash and itching.
Avoid excess dosage.
Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may lead to increase level of potassium in blood.
Store it at room temperature (15-30°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...View All