• Alpha-galactosidase is an enzyme that breaks complex dietary sugar.
Alpha-d-galactosidase is an enzyme used to digest complex carbohydrates in the food and helps in digestion. It also prevents the formation of gas or bloating.
It is available as a dietary supplement Over-The-Counter.
The alpha-d-galactosidase enzyme is normally present in the saliva and pancreatic juice.
• Alpha-galactosidase is contraindicated if the patient is allergic to it.
• The recommended dosage for alpha-galactosidase is 260 - 3000 FCC (Food Chemical Codex) units per day.
• Alpha-d-galactosidase should be taken along with the first bite of food.
• Allergic reactions could occur with alpha-d-galactosidase
• Do not expose to excessive heat
• There are no known drug interactions
• Alpha-galactosidase should be stored below 25°C
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!