This medication is a direct renin inhibitor and thiazide diuretic combination, prescribed for high blood pressure. It works by decreasing substances in the body that narrow blood vessels and raise blood pressure.
Contraindicated in patients with anuria (absence of urination), severe kidney problems, and hypersensitivity.
♦ Do not use aliskiren with angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) and the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs)in patients with diabetes.
Adult- Tablet- The recommended dose is 150/12.5 mg once daily, 150/25 mg or 300/12.5 mg, and 300/25 mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of gout, lupus, sugar, asthma, heart, kidney, liver problems, kidney stones, thyroid problems, high blood cholesterol, receiving dialysis treatment, dehydration, who are in low-salt diet, blood electrolyte problems, severe allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Patient may develop with serious side effect called angioedema with the following symptoms: swelling the hands, face, neck, etc; breathing trouble, and shock. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn.
• It may affect sugar level; monitor blood sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Monitor blood pressure, blood electrolyte levels, and kidney function regularly while taking this medication.
• Body As A Whole :
• Gastrointestinal : Inflammation of pancreas, jaundice, cramping and gastric irritation.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Hypersensitivity : Bruising, sensitivity to light, hives, tissue death, fever, respiratory distress, lung swelling/inflammation and shock.
• Metabolic : Increased level sugar.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle spasm.
• Central Nervous System : Restlessness.
• Genitourinary : Kidney failure, kidney impairment and kidney inflammation.
• Skin : Skin inflammation and skin death.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Bronchopulmonary dysplasia or chronic lung disease of infancy is seen in premature and low birth ...
Ear, nose and throat are important organs and disease in one area can affect the others. ENT ...
If you want to stop breastfeeding, then here is your guide to doing it the right way. Find the ...View All