Information about Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide
Generic Name : Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide
Pronunciation : AL is KYE ren, am LOE de peen, HYE droe klor oh THYE a zide
Latest prescription information about Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide. Learn how to pronounce the drug's name, its indications, dosage, how to take, when to take, when not to take, side effects, special precautions, warnings and its storage instructions . Also listed are the International and Indian trade name(s) of the drug and its price list.
ICD Code : Y52.5
Therapeutic Classification : Anti- Hypertensives
Trade Names/Brand Names of Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide
Why is Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide Prescribed? (Indications)
Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide combination is prescribed for decreasing high blood pressure or hypertension and helps in reducing the complications related to heart mainly stroke or heart attack.
This combination medication contains an anti-hypertensive agent, a calcium channel blocker, and a thiazide diuretic (drugs that increase the production of urine).
When should Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide not be taken? (Contraindications)
Do not use aliskiren with angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) and the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) in patients with diabetes
What is the dosage of Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide?
Adult- PO- The maximum recommended dose is 300/10/25 mg.
How should Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide be taken?
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
What are the warnings and precautions for Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide?
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, increased eye pressure, lupus, asthma, congestive heart failure, angioedema, chest pain, seizures, coronary artery disease, electrolyte imbalance, urinary obstruction, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Patient may develop with an increased risk of angioedema with the following symptoms: swelling in the hands, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; difficulty in swallowing or breathing. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Monitor blood pressure, kidney function, sugar level, and blood electrolyte levels regularly while taking this medication.
What are the side effects of Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide?
• Most Common :
Swelling in the extremities, dizziness, headache and throat inflammation.
• Heart :
Abnormal heart rhythm, slow heart rate, chest pain, peripheral ischemia, fainting, low blood pressure and inflammation of blood vessels.
• Central Nervous System :
Peripheral neuropathy, tingling, tremor, sexual dysfunction, sleeplessness, nervousness, depression, abnormal dreams, anxiety and depersonalization.
• Gastrointestinal :
Loss of appetite, constipation, indigestion, difficulty in swallowing, diarrhea, flatulence, pancreatitis, vomiting and gum inflammation.
• General :
Allergic reaction, weakness, back pain, hot flushes, uneasiness, pain, rigors, tiredness, weight gain.
• Musculoskeletal :
Joint pain, muscle cramps and muscle pain.
• Respiratory :
Difficulty in breathing and nosebleed.
• Skin :
Redness, itching and rash.
• Eye and ENT :
Abnormal vision, eye inflammation, double vision, eye pain and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary :
Urination frequency and nighttime urination.
• Metabolic :
Increased blood sugar, thirst, sweating and dry mouth.
• Blood :
Decrease in the number of white blood cells and platelets, bruising.
What are the other precautions for Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide?
Avoid excess dosage.
What are the storage conditions for Aliskiren, Amlodipine and Hydrochlorothiazide?
Store it at room temperature (25°C). Protect from heat and moisture.
Last Updated : Jul 2018