This medication is a strong analgesic, prescribed for relieving pain and induction of anesthesia in specific situations. It provides analgesic protection against hemodynamic responses to surgical stress with recovery times.
Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity
IV- The recommended dose range is 8 to 245mcg/kg.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney, liver, heart, or thyroid disease, seizures, asthma, lung inflammation, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause blurred vision, dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most Common :
Respiratory depression and skeletal muscle rigidity.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting.
• Heart : Abnormal heart rhythm, slow heart rate, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, fast heart rate.
• Musculoskeletal : Chest wall rigidity, skeletal muscle movements.
• Respiratory : Postoperative respiratory depression.
• Central Nervous System : Blurred vision, dizziness, sleepiness/postoperative sedation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20° to 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Bronchopulmonary dysplasia or chronic lung disease of infancy is seen in premature and low birth ...
Ear, nose and throat are important organs and disease in one area can affect the others. ENT ...
If you want to stop breastfeeding, then here is your guide to doing it the right way. Find the ...View All