Alfentanil hydrochloride injection is a powerful morphine-like drug used for relieving the pain during the surgery with general anesthesia.
It helps for managing postoperative pain and also for additional pain relief while undergoing painful procedures.
Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity
IV- The recommended dose range is 8 to 245mcg/kg.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney, liver, heart, or thyroid disease, seizures, asthma, lung inflammation, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause blurred vision, dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most Common :
Respiratory depression and skeletal muscle rigidity.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting.
• Heart : Abnormal heart rhythm, slow heart rate, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, fast heart rate.
• Musculoskeletal : Chest wall rigidity, skeletal muscle movements.
• Respiratory : Postoperative respiratory depression.
• Central Nervous System : Blurred vision, dizziness, sleepiness/postoperative sedation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20° to 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!