Alemtuzumab is a cancer-treating drug used for treating certain cancers of bone marrow and blood cancers such as chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and lymphoma. It is a monoclonal antibody used to treat multiple sclerosis.
Alemtuzumab works by activating the immune system and destroys cancer cells.
IV- With Pre-medication- IV infusion over 2 hours-
Day 1: 3mg
Day 2: 10mg
Day 3: 30mg.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of shingles or chickenpox, high blood pressure, heart disease, or blood vessel problems, severe infection, poor immunity, bone marrow depression, blood transfusion, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Avoid live vaccination while taking this medication.
• Monitor complete blood counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Blood and Lymphatic :
Abnormal decrease in white blood cells, platelets and anemia.
• General : Fever, chills and infections.
• Skin : Hives, rash and redness.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, high blood pressure and fast heart rate.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, tremor, sleeplessness and anxiety.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (15-30°C) or refrigerate (2-8°C). Protect from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!