This medication is a reverse transcriptase inhibitor (ntRTI), prescribed for hepatitis B, in patients 12 years of age and older with evidence of active viral replication and either evidence of persistent elevations in serum aminotransferases (ALT or AST) or histologically active disease. and herpes simplex virus infection. It slows the growth of HBV by blocking reverse transcriptase, an enzyme that is helpful for viral reproduction. It slows the growth of HBV by blocking reverse transcriptase, an enzyme that is helpful for viral reproduction.
Contraindicated in patients who are taking tenofovir, liver enlargement and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO -The recommended dose is 10mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney, liver diseases, abnormal liver function tests, liver transplant, HIV infection, obesity, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It should not be used in children less than 12 years old.
• Monitor kidney and liver functions regularly while taking this medication.
• If condition worsens stop the medication immediately.
• Should not be used concurrently with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate-containing products.
• Most Common :
Weakness, headache, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, indigestion, flatulence, increased creatinine, and decrease in blood phosphate level.
• Gastrointestinal : Inflammation of pancreas.
• Muscuskeletal : Muscle pain and softening of bones.
• Genitourinary : Kidney failure and Fanconi syndrome.
It does not stop the spread of HBV to others; avoid sexual contact, sharing of needles and injection supplies.
Store it in room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Kleine Levin (KLS) or sleeping beauty syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that primarly ...
LADA or Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood is a form of type 1 autoimmune diabetes that can be ...
Sleep paralysis is a condition where one feels unable to move (paralysis) or speak either when ...View All