Acetaminophen and oxycodone is a combination of pain-relieving medications including non-opioid and narcotic or sleep-inducing drugs help to relieve moderate to severe pain.
Acetaminophen or paracetamol increase the pain-relieving effects of oxycodone.
Contraindicated in patients with significant respiratory depression, intestinal obstruction and hypersensitivity.
The usual adult dosage is one tablet every 6 hours as needed for pain. The total daily dose of acetaminophen should not exceed 4 grams. The available dosages are oxycodone/acetaminophen 2.5/325, 7.5/325, 7.5/500, 10/325 and 10 /650 mg.
It comes as a tablet, capsule and solution to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney diseases, heart problems, lung disease, seizure disorders, serious head injury or brain diseases, spinal problems, underactive thyroid, adrenal gland problems, breathing problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, blurred vision or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may lead to constipation; take proper diet, drink adequate water and avoid antidiarrheals while on this medication.
• Serious :
Respiratory depression, difficulty in breathing, respiratory arrest, circulatory depression, low blood pressure and shock.
• Body as a Whole : Severe allergic reactions, uneasiness, weakness, fatigue, chest pain, fever, chills, thirst, headache and increased sweating.
• Heart : High blood pressure, fast/slow heart rate and palpitations.
• Central Nervous System : Lack of consciousness, tremor, tingling, drowsiness, seizures, epilepsy, anxiety, mental impairment, agitation, swelling of the brain, confusion, dizziness, sleeplessness, nervousness, hallucinations, depression, suicidal thoughts and drug abuse.
• Gastrointestinal : Indigestion, taste disturbances, abdominal pain, enlarged abdomen, increased sweating, diarrhea, dry mouth, flatulence, gastrointestinal disorders, nausea, vomiting, inflammation of pancreas, intestinal obstruction and constipation.
• Liver : Liver failure and jaundice.
• Eye and ENT : Hearing loss, ringing in the ear, visual disturbances and redness of eye.
• Blood : Decreased platelet count.
• Metabolic : Decreased/increased sugar level in blood, acidity, alkalosis and dehydration.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain and weakness.
• Respiratory : Asthma, lung swelling, bronchospasm, respiratory arrest, respiratory depression, pulmonary edema, laryngeal edema and shallow/fast breathing.
• Skin and Appendages : Redness, rash, flushing and hives.
• Genitourinary : Liver inflammation, papillary necrosis, protein in urine, kidney insufficiency, kidney failure and urinary retention.
If condition worsens consult with your doctor.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20° to 25°C) and in an airtight light- resistant container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...
Stereotypic movement disorder (SMD) is a motor disorder, associated with neurodevelopmental ...View All