Alcohol abuse among women can cause dangerous harm to their health. Alcohol Addiction is not easily acceptable to them due to social stigma hence question of treatment and rehabilitation seldom arises till it is far too late.
Alcohol poses as a serious problem for women. Whether had in small portions or consumed excessively, it effects women differently than men and is more risky for women in comparison to men.
Drinking for Peer Pressure
"To fit in to the hip crowd." It usually starts like that. A drink in hand has become a status symbol for the upwardly mobile which has given rise to an alarming increase in alcoholism amongst women.
Alcoholism is considered to be the number one killer disease in the world. Worldwide more and more women are drinking than they did a few years ago and Indian women are no exception. It is again important to understand that though alcoholism is plaguing the whole nation, but the social stigma around a woman alcoholic is much greater than around men.
Depression, anxiety, insomnia chronic body pains are other symptoms. They have blackouts and frequent hangovers that cause them to miss work and other normal activities. The liver, intestines and heart could all get affected. The digestive system goes for a complete toss.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Lachmi Deb Roy. (2021, April 13). Alcohol Abuse - Alcohol Addiction - Treatment – Rehab among Woman. Medindia. Retrieved on Sep 30, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/alcohol-addiction-women.htm.
Lachmi Deb Roy. "Alcohol Abuse - Alcohol Addiction - Treatment – Rehab among Woman". Medindia. Sep 30, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/alcohol-addiction-women.htm>.
Lachmi Deb Roy. "Alcohol Abuse - Alcohol Addiction - Treatment – Rehab among Woman". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/alcohol-addiction-women.htm. (accessed Sep 30, 2023).
Lachmi Deb Roy. 2021. Alcohol Abuse - Alcohol Addiction - Treatment – Rehab among Woman. Medindia, viewed Sep 30, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/alcohol-addiction-women.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Alcohol Addiction and Women
- Magnitude of Khat use and associated factors among women attending antenatal care in Gedeo zone health centers, southern Ethiopia: a facility based cross sectional study. - Published by PubMed
- Computer-Assisted Motivational Interviewing for Contraceptive Use in Women Leaving Prison: A Randomized Controlled Trial. - Published by PubMed
- Diagnoses related to abuse of alcohol and addictive substances after gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy: a nation-wide registry study from Norway. - Published by PubMed
- Association Between Recent Cannabis Consumption and Withdrawal-Related Symptoms During Early Abstinence Among Females With Smoked Cocaine Use Disorder. - Published by PubMed
- Derivation and assessment of the opioid use disorder severity scale: prediction of health, psychological and social adjustment problems. - Published by PubMed