Information about Metadoxine
Generic Name : Metadoxine
Latest prescription information about Metadoxine. Learn its indications, dosage, how to take, when to take, when not to take, side effects, special precautions, warnings and its storage instructions . Also listed are the International and Indian trade name(s) of the drug and its price list.
Therapeutic Classification : Hepatoprotective Agents
Trade Names/Brand Names of Metadoxine
Why is Metadoxine Prescribed? (Indications)
This medication is a hepatoprotective agent, prescribed for the treatment of fatty liver due to alcoholism.
When should Metadoxine not be taken? (Contraindications)
Pregnancy and lactation.
What is the dosage of Metadoxine?
PO- The recommended dose is 0.5-1 g/day.
IV/IM- The recommended dose is 300-600 mg/day.
How should Metadoxine be taken?
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or muscle.
What are the warnings and precautions for Metadoxine?
• If the side effects worsens or does not go away after few days, it is advised to consult a doctor.
• Symptoms caused by overdose can be resolved by withdrawing the drug therapy.
• Caution is required in patients who take metadoxine for long-term.
What are the side effects of Metadoxine?
Diarrhea and moderate skin rash.
What are the other precautions for Metadoxine?
• Skip the missed dose when it is close to the next scheduled dose and continue with the next dose.
• Do not take double doses.
What are the storage conditions for Metadoxine?
• Store at a room temperature between 20°C to 25°C
• Protect from excess moisture and heat