This medication is a hepatoprotective agent, prescribed for the treatment of fatty liver due to alcoholism.
Pregnancy and lactation.
PO- The recommended dose is 0.5-1 g/day.
IV/IM- The recommended dose is 300-600 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or muscle.
• If the side effects worsens or does not go away after few days, it is advised to consult a doctor.
• Symptoms caused by overdose can be resolved by withdrawing the drug therapy.
• Caution is required in patients who take metadoxine for long-term.
Diarrhea and moderate skin rash.
• Skip the missed dose when it is close to the next scheduled dose and continue with the next dose.
• Do not take double doses.
• Store at a room temperature between 20°C to 25°C
• Protect from excess moisture and heat
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!