Read the side effects of Sodium zirconium cyclosilicate as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The most common side effects of sodium zirconium cyclosilicate are-
• Decreased potassium level in the blood
• Edema or fluid accumulation in the body
• Swelling of the ankles
• Heart rhythm abnormalities
• Weight gain
Taking sodium zirconium cyclosilicate for long-term may cause severe gastrointestinal disturbances such as nausea, vomiting, loose stools, and pain in the stomach.
Other Precautions :
• Patients registering for any X-ray diagnostic procedure should not take sodium zirconium cyclosilicate as the drug may be opaque to X-rays.
• If a dose is missed, the patient must be advised to take the next usual dose at the next scheduled time. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose.