BL Sulpha Three (167+167+167)Tablet
Bini Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. Generic : Sulfadimidine
12.00 167mg/167mg/167mg 10 Tablets
• Skin: Allergic reactions such as rashes, itching and rarely causes serious skin reactions like Stevens-Johnson-Syndrome and epidermal necrolysis.
• Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
• Blood: Anemia, agranulocytosis (low white blood cell count), hemolytic anemia (anemia that occurs due to the rupture of red blood cell) and thrombocytopenia (reduced platelet count) in patients with glucose-6-phosphate deficiency.
• Others: Crystalluria (cloudy urine), pancreatitis, hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice, and fever.
• Sulfadimidine should not be used in patients suffering from porphyria, a disorder with an excess chemical called porphyrin that affects nervous system and skin.
• It is not recommended in kidney failure patients because the drug is rapidly excreted in urine.
• Patients with G6PD (glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase) deficiency should not take sulfadimidine because of the occurrence of blood disorders such as anemia, agranulocytosis, hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia.
• It should not be used in patients allergic to the drug.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!