Piramal Healthcare Generic : Neostigmine
13.85 0.5mg/1ml 5ml
• Most Common:
Increased salivation, sweating, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, convulsions, loss of consciousness, drowsiness, headache, speech disorder and vision changes.
• Heart: Abnormal heart rhythm, circulatory arrest, fainting and low blood pressure.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, respiratory depression, respiratory arrest and asthma.
• Skin: Rash and hives.
• Gastrointestinal : Flatulence and increased peristalsis.
• Genitourinary: Increased urinary frequency.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps and joint pain.
• Miscellaneous: Excessive sweating, flushing and weakness.
• Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis.
Oral/IV: The recommended dose is 15 mg to 375 mg per day in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, and solution for injection.
It is not prescribed in patients with mechanical intestinal obstruction or urinary tract obstruction, peritonitis; known hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with epilepsy, bronchial asthma, slow heart beat, recent heart attack, low blood pressure, over activity or irritability of the vagus nerve, increased level of thyroid hormone, recent intestinal or bladder surgery, kidney impairment, abnormal heart rhythm, peptic ulcer, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Inform the doctor if you experience symptoms like muscular weakness and respiratory paralysis. Clear difference need to be made between the symptoms caused due to excess dosage of anticholinesterase drugs and Myasthenia Gravis condition. Avoid excess dosage
Prior to the administration of neostigmine injection, atropine medication is injected in order to avoid allergic reactions.
Store it at room temperature (15-30°C). Protect from light. Do not freeze.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!