Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. Generic : Glibenclamide
53.50 500mg/5mg/2mg 10 Tablets
• Digestive tract: Nausea, vomiting, flatulence, abdominal fullness, diarrhea, constipation, heartburn, liver dysfunction
• Skin: Rash, skin swelling, photosensitivity reactions (skin reactions following exposure to sunlight) including porphyria cutanea tarda (which is associated with an enzyme deficiency)
• Blood: Low blood counts, low blood glucose levels, low blood sodium levels
• Others: Tiredness, weakness, fever, other allergic reactions, weight gain, joint or muscle pain, vasculitis.
Glibenclamide should not be used in patients with:
• Allergy to the drug
• Diabetic ketoacidosis, which requires insulin treatment
• Type 1 diabetes, where it is ineffective
• Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, due to the risk of breakdown of red blood cells (hemolytic anemia)
• Severe liver or kidney disease
It should also be avoided in:
• Pregnancy and breastfeeding
• Patients taking bosentan, due to a risk of liver damage
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!