Deriform (12 mcg)Inhaler
Zydus Cadila (German Remedies) Generic : Formoterol
142.00 12mcg/1mdi 120mdi
• Central Nervous System:
Dizziness, tremor, sleeplessness, shakiness and headache.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, stomach upset, inflammation of tonsil, dry mouth and stomach upset.
• Skin: Rash and itching.
• Heart: Chest infection.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, inflammation of pharynx/sinus and upper respiratory tract infection.
• ENT: Impairment of voice.
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle/leg cramps.
♦ • Hypersensitivity: Hives, angioedema, and bronchospasm.
Adult: PO- Acute bronchospasm; Reversible airways obstruction- 80 mcg twice daily.
Inhalation- Acute bronchospasm; Reversible airways obstruction- as inhalation cap: 12 mcg twice daily, up to 24 mcg twice daily in severe cases. As dry powder inhaler: 6 or 12 mcg 1-2 times/day, up to 24 mcg twice daily in sever cases. As metered doses from aerosol inhaler: 12 or 24 mcg twice daily. As nebuliser: 20 mcg twice daily.
Prevention of exercise-induced bronchospasm 6 or 12 mcg at least 15 minutes before exercise. Additional doses may be given 12 hour later.
It comes as a powder-filled capsule to inhale by mouth using a special inhaler.
Caution should be exercised in patients with history of irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, epilepsy, diabetes, any allergy, aneurism and pheochromocytoma, who are taking other medications especially other asthma medicines, heart or thyroid disease, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• ♦ Patient may develop with increased risk of serious heart problems and asthma-related death; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Do not use more than recommended dose.
• If there is no improvement in patient's condition, consult with your doctor.
Monitor blood sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture. Keep away from children.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!