GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd Generic : Digoxin
21.40 0.5mg/2ml 30ml
• Most Common :
Diarrhea and nausea.
• Heart : Heart block and fast heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite and vomiting.
• Central Nervous System : Blurred or yellow vision, headache, weakness, dizziness, confusion and mental disturbances.
• Miscellaneous : Muscle weakness and sensitivity to light.
Loading dose: 0.75-1.5 mg in the 1st 24 hour. Slow digitalization: 250 mcg 1-2 times/day. Usual maintenance: 125-250 mcg/day.
It comes as a tablet and syrup to take by mouth, with or without food. It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
Contraindicated in patients with ventricular fibrillation (severely abnormal heart rhythm) and known hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of thyroid problems, abnormal heart rhythm, cancer, kidney, liver or lung problems, Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, any allergies, who are taking other medications, elderly, newborns, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Monitor ECG, electrolytes, kidney function and blood digoxin levels regularly while taking this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!