Bactrim Ds TabTablet
Piramal Healthcare Generic : Co-trimoxazole
11.59 800/160mg 10
• Most Common :
Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite.
• Blood : Decrease in blood cell counts.
• Allergic : Skin inflammation, eruptions, rash, itching, redness, hives, bruising and photosensitivity.
• Gastrointestinal : Liver inflammation/damage, jaundice, hepatic necrosis, elevation in liver enzymes, inflammation of intestine/pancreas/tongue, mouth ulcer, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
• Genitourinary : Kidney failure, Blood Urea Nitrogen and absence of urination.
• Central Nervous System : Brain inflammation, convulsions, incoordination, fainting, ringing in the ear, headache, hallucinations, depression and nervousness.
• Metabolic : Low blood sugar.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint/muscle pain.
• Respiratory : Cough, shortness of breath and lung infection.
• Miscellaneous : Weakness, fatigue and sleeplessness.
It is a fixed combination product containing sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim in 5:1 ratio.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 2 tablets every 12 hours for a period of 10 to 14 days.
Child- The recommended dose is 8 mg/kg of trimethoprim and 40 mg/kg of sulfamethoxazole daily in 2 divided doses every 12 hours.
It comes as a tablet and liquid to take by mouth, with or without food.
Contraindicated in patients with anemia, hypersensitivity, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, asthma, severe allergies, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G-6-PD) deficiency (an inherited blood disease), any allergy, who are taking other medications.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15–25°C), protect from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!