Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Generic : Azathioprine
575.00 50mg 100
• Blood :
Decreased white blood cells and platelets.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
• Miscellaneous : Rash, hair loss, fever, joint pain, diarrhea, negative nitrogen balance and reversible interstitial lung inflammation.
Adult: PO- Rheumatoid arthritis Initial: 1 mg/kg/day for 6-8 wk. May adjust dose gradually to 2.5 mg/kg/day if needed.
Prevention of rejection in organ and tissue transplantation -1-5 mg/kg/day.
Auto-immune diseases -1-3 mg/kg/day.
IV -Renal homotransplantation- Usual initial: 3-5 mg/kg/day beginning at the time of transplantation. Maintenance: 1-3 mg/kg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity, previous treatment with alkylating agents, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver problems, gout, any infection, anemia, bone marrow depression, any allergy, who are taking other medications and children.
• Avoid contact with people with infections.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Patient may experience severe nausea and vomiting; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of cancer; if you notice any unusual growth or tumor consult with your doctor immediately.
Monitor complete blood counts, liver function, and TPMT enzyme activity, while taking this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container, keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!