This medication is a sedative-hypnotic, prescribed for insomnia (sleeplessness). It works by slowing activity in the brain to allow sleep.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- The recommended dose is 12.5 mg once daily immediately before bedtime.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver problems, lung or breathing problems (e.g chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [COPD], sleep apnea), myasthenia gravis, metabolism problems, heart or blood pressure problems, or very poor health, mental problems (e.g depression), suicidal thoughts or behaviors, or alcohol or substance abuse or addiction, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It should not be used in children.
• Infections :
Influenza and stomach flu.
• Metabolic : Appetite disorder.
• Central Nervous system : Headache, drowsiness, dizziness, memory disorders, balance disorder, disturbance in attention, incoordination, tingling, hallucinations, disorientation, anxiety, depression, psychomotor retardation, binge eating, depersonalization, loss of inhibition, emotion, mood swings and stress symptoms.
• Eye and ENT : Visual disturbances, redness, blurred vision, unsteadiness and ringing in the ear.
• Respiratory : Throat irritation.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, constipation, abdominal discomfort, abdominal tenderness, frequent bowel movements, gastroesophageal reflux disease and vomiting.
• Skin : Rash, skin wrinkling and hives.
• Musculoskeletal : Back pain, muscle pain, neck pain and menstrual cramps.
• General disorders : Fatigue, weakness, chest discomfort, increased body temperature, blood pressure and bruising.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store between 15°-25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Trichotillomania is a hair pulling disorder where a person urges to pull out hair from their scalp, ...
Dental Anxiety is kind of dental phobia where a person has a fear of going to dentist mainly due to ...
Kleine Levin (KLS) or sleeping beauty syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that primarly ...View All