This medication is a naturally occurring mineral, prescribed for Wilson disease. It blocks copper absorption into the body.
The recommended dose is 25 to 50 mg three times daily.
It comes as a capsule and syrup to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of allergies, iron deficiency during pregnancy and lactation.
• Monitor liver functions and copper level in blood regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common:
Stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, severe allergic reactions like rash, hives, itching, difficulty in breathing, tightness in the chest and swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!