This medication is a sedative/hypnotic, prescribed for insomnia.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 10 mg/day at bedtime. Max: 20 mg/day.
It comes as a capsule, with or without food. Avoid taking with high-level cholesterol containing foods.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of depression or other mental illness, alcohol or drug abuse, kidney or liver disease, breathing disorder, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or changes in vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn.
• Body as a whole :
Abdominal pain, weakness, headache, uneasiness, sensitivity to light, back pain, chest pain and fever.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, intestinal inflammation, nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, indigestion, flatulence, stomach inflammation, gum/tongue inflammation, increased appetite, blood in stool, mouth ulceration, rectal bleeding, and mouth ulcer.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities, sugar, goiter, gout, increased thirst and weight gain.
• Central Nervous system : Memory loss, confusion, headache, depersonalization, dizziness, hallucinations, tightness of muscle, sensory loss, tingling, drowsiness, tremor, unsteadiness, anxiety, depression, nervousness and abnormal thinking.
• Respiratory : Nosebleed, lung inflammation, asthma, indigestion, pneumonia, snoring and voice alteration.
• Eye and ENT : Abnormal vision, ear pain, eye pain, taste perversion, double vision, sensitivity to light, ringing in the ear and watery eyes.
• Genitourinary : Painful menstruation, bladder pain, breast pain, bladder inflammation, decreased urination, painful urination, blood in urine, impotence, kidney stone, kidney pain, irregular periods, urinary frequency, urinary incontinence, urinary urgency and vaginal inflammation.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain/inflammation, muscle pain, joint swelling, stiffness and pain.
• Skin : Itching, rash, pimples, hair loss, dry skin, skin scar, increased sweating and hives.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!