This medication is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist, prescribed for prostate cancer. It works by decreasing the amount of certain hormones in the body.
Contraindicated to children, pregnant women, and patients with known hypersensitivity.
Adult: IM- Prostate cancer- As 3 month depot: The recommended dose is 11.25 mg 12 weekly.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into a large muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney, spinal cord problem, urinary blockage, liver disease and breastfeeding.
• This medication is only recommended for men.
• It may cause dizziness or vision changes, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Body As A Whole :
Hot flushes, leg pain and fatigue.
• Heart : High blood pressure.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness, sleeplessness, impotence and emotional lability.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea and vomiting.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Skin : Itching.
• Genitourinary : Urinary retention and urinary tract infection.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20-25°C) and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!