This medication is a synthetic analogue of prostacyclin, prescribed for pulmonary atrial hypertension (high blood pressure in the lungs). It relaxes the blood vessels and thereby allows easy blood flow.
SC/IV: Initial dose: 1.25 mg/kg/min; reduce to 0.625 mg/kg/min if initial dose is not tolerated.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, kidney, bleeding problems, low blood pressure, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
Requires narcotics and discontinuation of medicine.
• Local: Pain, swelling, rash and itching.
• Respiratory : Breathing problems, cough and throat irritation.
• Musculoskeletal : Jaw or bone pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Heart: Palpitations and heart attack.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness and tiredness.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (15 to 25°C).