This medication is a radiopharmaceutical agent, used to identify acute myocardial infarction.
IV- The recommended adult dose for planar myocardial imaging is 37 to 74 MBq (1 to 2 mCi).
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Itching, nausea/vomiting, mild diarrhea, tremor, shortness of breath, chills, fever, conjunctivitis, sweating, blurred vision, low blood pressure, and flushing.
• Appropriate safety measures should be followed strictly while handling the thallous Chloride Tl-201 injection as it emits radiation.
• Dose is always individualized depending on the body size and the equipment or the technique used.
• The injection should be handled only by physicians who are educated or trained and experienced in handling radioisotopes.
• Should be stored at a controlled room temperature between 20°C to 25°C.
• Storage and disposal of the injection should be in compliance with the government regulations.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!