This medication is a phosphodiesterase type 4 (PDE4) inhibitor, prescribed for lung inflammation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It decreases swelling in the lungs.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment, and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is one 500 microgram (mcg) tablet per day, with or without food.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver impairment, mental illness, depression, or suicidal thoughts, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during children, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of suicidal thoughts; watch them carefully.
• Serious Reactions :
Diarrhea, abnormal heart rhythm, lung cancer, prostate cancer, inflammation of pancreas, and kidney failure.
• Most Common : Decreased weight, nausea, headache, back pain, sleeplessness and decreased appetite.
• Gastrointestinal – : Abdominal pain, indigestion, stomach inflammation and vomiting.
• Infections : Nose inflammation, sinus inflammation and urinary tract infection.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle spasms.
• Central Nervous system : Tremor, anxiety and depression.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20° - 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!