This medication is a phosphodiesterase type 4 (PDE4) inhibitor, prescribed for lung inflammation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It decreases swelling in the lungs.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment, and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is one 500 microgram (mcg) tablet per day, with or without food.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver impairment, mental illness, depression, or suicidal thoughts, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during children, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of suicidal thoughts; watch them carefully.
• Serious Reactions :
Diarrhea, abnormal heart rhythm, lung cancer, prostate cancer, inflammation of pancreas, and kidney failure.
• Most Common : Decreased weight, nausea, headache, back pain, sleeplessness and decreased appetite.
• Gastrointestinal – : Abdominal pain, indigestion, stomach inflammation and vomiting.
• Infections : Nose inflammation, sinus inflammation and urinary tract infection.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle spasms.
• Central Nervous system : Tremor, anxiety and depression.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20° - 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Alström syndrome, a rare genetic disorder due to ALMS1 mutations, occurs in the first year of ...
Sodium zirconium cyclosilicate was approved by FDA recently to use as an oral suspension for ...
Encephalocele is a birth defect where a sac like protrusion of brain and covering membranes occurs ...View All