This medication is an immunoglobulin (Ig), prescribed for certain blood problems that may occur during pregnancy and other obstetrical conditions in Rh-negative women, or blood transfusion. It may also be used to treat immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
Contraindicated in patients who have had an anaphylactic reaction.
IV- The recommended dose is approximately 50 μg as a single dose.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood problems, bleeding problems, IgA deficiency, recent vaccination, heart disease, blood vessel problems, diabetes, dehydration or low blood volume, kidney or liver problems, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor complete blood cell counts, urine test, antibody titers, liver function, and kidney function regularly while taking this medication.
• Avoid live vaccination during treatment period.
Fever, back pain, nausea and vomiting, low- or high blood pressure, hemoglobinuria/emia, elevated bilirubin and creatinine.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 2 to 8°C. Do not store frozen.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!