This medication is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, prescribed to relieve the symptoms of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, painful menstruation, postoperative pain. It also acts as a pain killer.
Contraindicated for the treatment of peri-operative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft, who have experienced asthma, hives, or allergic-type reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs, and hypersensitivity.
The recommended dose is 20 mg given orally once per day.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, blood disorders, bleeding problems, heart disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Heart :
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, elevated liver enzymes, flatulence, gross bleeding/perforation, heartburn, nausea, ulcers and vomiting.
• Blood : Anemia and increased bleeding time.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness and headache.
• Skin : Itching and rash.
• ENT : Ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Abnormal kidney function.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, away from light and excess heat.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!