This medication is a barbiturate, prescribed for seizures, and treating sleep disorders.
Contraindicated in patients with acute intermittent porphyria, severe lung insufficiency, and obstructive sleep apnea, liver and kidney disease.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 30 to 60mg once daily or in divided doses.
IM/IV- The recommended dose is 100 to 200mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of depression, pain, breathing problems, suicidal tendencies, shock, drug dependency, alcoholism, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It should not be used in children less than 12 years.
• Central Nervous system :
Agitation, confusion, involuntary movements, incoordination, CNS depression, nightmares, nervousness, mental disturbance, hallucinations, sleeplessness, anxiety, drowsiness, and dizziness and thinking abnormality.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath.
• Heart : Slow heart rate, low blood pressure and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting and constipation.
• Miscellaneous : Headache, injection site reactions, hypersensitivity reactions, fever, liver damage and anemia.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Black food is the new green owing to its health benefits from cardiovascular health to weight loss. ...
Scurvy is a condition that occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin C. It occurs only rarely, since ...
Pets can give you diseases. Surprised? You may love your pet but beware! Your pets might be ...View All