This medication is an anticoagulant, prescribed for thromboembolic (blood clot) disorders such as deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver or kidney diseases, infection of heart valves, actual or potential bleeding conditions, patients with uncontrolled high blood pressure, hypersensitivity and pregnancy.
Adult: PO- Initial: 200 mg in 2 equal doses on day 1, then 100 mg on day 2. Maintenance: 50-150 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of ulcer, high blood pressure, liver or kidney problems, elderly and children.
• It may result in bruising, bleeding; avoid injuries and consult with your doctor.
• Monitor blood-clotting time while taking this medication.
• Follow the diet program as instructed by your physician.
Bleeding, skin rash, fever, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat, skin necrosis, bruising, liver inflammation, blood disorder, dark stools, blood and pink or orange coloration of urine.
• Potentially Fatal: Hypersensitivity reactions.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!