This medication is a monoclonal antibody, prescribed for colon or rectal cancer. It slows or stops cancer cell growth.
IV- The recommended dose is 6 mg/kg, every 14 days.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diarrhea, dehydration, lung disease, skin problem, stomach problem, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Most Common :
Decreased level of manganese in blood, nail disorder, fatigue, abdominal pain, nausea, and diarrhea.
• Most Serious : Blood clot in lugs.
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation, vomiting, mouth ulcer, mouth inflammation.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities.
• Respiratory : ♦ Cough and Pulmonary Fibrosis/Interstitial Lung Disease.
• Skin : Redness of the skin, skin inflammation, itching, rash, skin fissures, pimples, dry skin.
• Eye : Growth of eyelashes.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator ( 2° to 8°C ).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!