This medication is a benzodiazepine derivative, prescribed for anxiety and insomnia. It works by affecting the brain to reduce nervous tension.
Contraindicated in patients with psychoses and hypersensitivity.
The recommended dose range is 10 to 30 mg in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, seizures, or lung, heart, or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, ataxia, dizziness, vertigo, memory impairment, headache, lethargy and excitement.
• Genitourinary : Menstrual irregularities and urinary incontinence.
• Miscellaneous : Blurred vision, double vision and fever.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, away from excess heat.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!