This medication is a benzodiazepine derivative, prescribed for anxiety and insomnia. It works by affecting the brain to reduce nervous tension.
Contraindicated in patients with psychoses and hypersensitivity.
The recommended dose range is 10 to 30 mg in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, seizures, or lung, heart, or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, ataxia, dizziness, vertigo, memory impairment, headache, lethargy and excitement.
• Genitourinary : Menstrual irregularities and urinary incontinence.
• Miscellaneous : Blurred vision, double vision and fever.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, away from excess heat.
Drug hypersensitivity is an adverse reaction that occurs due to an interaction between a drug and ...
Stiff joints are a major problem for the elderly, as the joints tend to wear-and-tear with ...
Uterine/Endometrial cancer is the sixth most common cancer in women worldwide. Uterine cancer ...View All