This medication is a combination of an atypical antipsychotic and a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), prescribed for depression in patients with bipolar disorder.
It should not be co-administered with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI), pimozide, thioridazine.
Adult- PO- The recommended initial dose is 6mg/25mg (1capsule). Maximum: 12mg/50mg.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach or with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of seizures, heart problems, abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG), heart attack, stroke, high blood cholesterol, high or low blood pressure, decrease in white blood cells, liver or kidney disease, stomach problem, bleeding disorder, enlarged prostate, increased eye pressure, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), prolonged painful erection, poor metabolism, dehydration, Alzheimer disease, dementia, diabetes, mental illness, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
• Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated in hot weather; otherwise heatstroke may occur.
• Avoid contact with people with infections that may spread to others.
• ♦ Patient may develop with increased risk of Serotonin Syndrome with the following symptoms: agitation, confusion, hallucinations, coma, fever, irregular heartbeat, tremor, excessive sweating, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
• Eye and ENT :
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, flatulence, and abdominal distension.
• General : Fatigue, fluid retention, swelling in the extremities, weakness, pain, fever.
• Infections : Sinusitis.
• Metabolic : Increased weight and appetite.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, pain in extremity, stiffness.
• Central Nervous system : Drowsiness, tremor, sedation, sleepiness, disturbance in attention, laziness, restlessness, abnormal thinking, nervousness.
• Genitourinary : Impotence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 25°C and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!