This medication is estrogen and progestin combination, prescribed for preventing pregnancy. It is also used for irregular periods, and symptoms of menopause. It helps to maintain two female sex hormone levels.
Contraindicated in patients with blood clot disorders, breast cancer, cervical cancer, liver cancer, abnormal vaginal bleeding, suspected pregnancy, and hypersensitivity.
28-Day Regimen- Dose begins on the first Sunday after menstruation. Take one active tablet daily for 21 days followed by one white tablet daily for 7 days.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of cancer, sugar, headache, endometriosis, epilepsy, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, recent surgery, breast nodules, depression, heart or kidney disease, irregular periods, urinary tract bleeding, obesity, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid smoking while taking this medication; otherwise it may increase the risk of stroke, heart attack, blood clots, high blood pressure, or similar problems.
• Patients may develop with increased risk of stroke, heart attack, blood clots, high blood pressure if they have smoking habit. Avoid smoking while taking this medication.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and bloating and loss of appetite.
• Genitourinary : Breast tenderness, enlargement, milk secretion, vaginal infection, vaginal bleeding, spotting, irregular periods, absence of menstrual period, changes in sexual activities and impaired kidney function.
• Central Nervous System : Mental depression, stroke, migraine, dizziness, headache and nervousness.
• Blood : Blood clot events and bruising.
• Heart : High blood pressure, blood clot in blood vessels and blood clot in lungs.
• Miscellaneous : Fluid retention, rash, hair loss, cataracts and liver swelling.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!