This medication is an antibiotic, prescribed for urinary tract infections. It fights bacteria in the body.
Contraindicated in patients with severe kidney and liver impairment, anuria, anemia, pregnancy, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 50-100 mg 4 times/day for 7 days. Dual-release preparation: 100 mg twice daily.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of anemia, sugar, electrolyte problems, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, kidney, liver, lung, nerve problems, porphyria, vitamin B deficiency, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Rarely it may cause severe respiratory problems including death; if you experience with symptoms like fever, chills, chest pain, unusual cough, trouble in breathing consult with your doctor immediately.
• Most Common :
Nausea, headache and flatulence.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, indigestion, abdominal pain, constipation and vomiting.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, drowsiness and vision loss.
• Respiratory : Lung inflammation.
• Allergic Reactions : Itching and hives.
• Skin : Hair loss.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, chills and uneasiness.
Monitor liver, kidney, and lung function regularly while taking this medication.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15° to 30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!