This medication is the recombinant form of natriuretic peptide, prescribed for congestive heart failure, which improves breathing. It works by allowing blood vessels to relax.
Contraindicated in patients with cardiogenic shock (poor blood circulation), low blood pressure and hypersensitivity.
Adult: IV- The recommended dose is 2 mcg/kg followed by a continuous infusion of 0.01 mcg/kg/min.
It comes as a powder for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney disease, low blood pressure, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Monitor blood pressure, heart function regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole:
Headache, abdominal pain and back pain.
• Heart: Low blood pressure, fast/slow heart rate and chest pain.
• Central Nervous System: Sleeplessness, dizziness, drowsiness and anxiety.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea and vomiting.
Administration via Intramuscular or subcutaneous route is not recommended.
Store it at controlled room temperature (25°C) and protect from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!