This combination medication contains an ACE inhibitor and thiazide diuretic, prescribed for hypertension. It helps prevent the body from absorbing too much salt.
Contraindicated in patients with history of angioedema and known hypersensitivity.
♦It should not be co-administered with aliskiren.
The recommended dosage range is 7.5 to 30 mg daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, one hour before meals.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney disease, liver disease, increased eye pressure, gout, diabetes, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Most Common :
Cough, dizziness and fatigue.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, abdominal pain, chest pain, indigestion, nausea, vomiting.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, fainting, increased muscle tone.
• Respiratory : Upper respiratory infection, nose, sinus, pharynx, lung inflammation.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infection, impotence, peripheral edema, pus in urine.
• Musculoskeletal : Back pain.
• Miscellaneous : Flu syndrome, and fever.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20° -25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!