This medication is an oral antidiabetic agent, prescribed for type 2 diabetes. It helps control blood sugar levels.
Contraindicated in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis (high blood glucose with the presence of ketones in the urine), kidney disease and hypersensitivity.
Dose is based on patient’s condition. The recommended dose is 0.5 to 2.5mg in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drink alcohol beverages while taking this medication.
• It may lead to dehydration; drink plenty of water to avoid this problem.
• Monitor blood sugar regularly.
• Take your food properly; otherwise it will lead to low blood sugar.
• Caution needed in elderly patients, children, and during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Most Common : Diarrhea, vomiting and infection.
• Body as a Whole : Accidental injury, headache and infection.
• Gastrointestinal : Indigestion and nausea.
• Respiratory : Nose inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!