This medication is a neurotoxin, prescribed for patients with cervical dystonia to decrease the severity of abnormal head position and neck pain. It blocks nerve impulses to the muscles.
Contraindicated in the presence of infection at the proposed injection site and hypersensitivity.
The recommended initial total dose is 120 Units.
It comes as a powder for injection (diluted with fluid), to be administered by a healthcare provider into the large muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of nerve disease, muscle problems, bleeding problems, severe weakness, wasting of the muscles at the injection site, breathing problems, skin infection, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, loss of strength, weakness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid excess dosage.
• Do not switch brands of IncobotulinumtoxinA or switch it with other botulinum toxin products.
• Musculoskeletal :
Neck pain, muscle weakness, muscle and joint pain.
• Eye : Drooping of eyelid, dry eye, visual impairment.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, diarrhea, and difficulty in swallowing.
• Infections : Respiratory tract infection.
• Central Nervous system : Headache.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.