This medication is a smooth muscle relaxant, prescribed for essential hypertension. This medication lowers the blood pressure.
Initial: The recommended dose is 10 mg four times daily for the first 2-4 days, increase to 25 mg four times daily for the balance of the first week.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart disease, kidney or liver disease, heart attack, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor complete blood counts, blood pressure and antinuclear antibody titers while taking this medication.
• Common :
Headache, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, palpitations, fast heart rate and chest pain.
• Less Frequent
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation and intestinal obstruction.
• Heart : Low blood pressure and swelling.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
• Central Nervous System : Tingling, numbness, dizziness, tremors, muscle cramps, depression, disorientation and anxiety.
• Genitourinary : Difficulty in urination.
• Blood : Anemia and decrease in white blood cells.
• Hypersensitivity : Rash, hives, itching, fever, chills, joint pain and eosinophilia.
• Miscellaneous : Nasal congestion, flushing, lacrimation and eye inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!