This medication is an immunizing agent, used to prevent hepatitis B infection. It stimulates the body to produce antibodies against hepatitis B infection.
Hypersensitivity to yeast or any component of the vaccine.
Given via subcutaneous administration(injected just under the skin) in haemophiliacs.
Adults 20 yr of age and older-
IM - The recommended dose is 20 mcg at 0, 1, and 6th month.
Infants of HBsAg-Positive or -Negative Mothers Children and Adolescents 1 to 19 yr of age - IM- The recommended dose is 10 mcg at 0, 1, and 6th month.
It is usually administered as an injection by a healthcare provider.
• If any alcohol or disinfectant is used for cleansing the skin it should be allowed to evaporate before vaccination otherwise inactivation of live vaccines may occur.
Palpitation, fainting and fast heart rate.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, headache, multiple sclerosis (MS), nerve disease (including Bells palsy, Guillain-Barré syndrome, hypoesthesia, and paresthesia), paralysis and seizures.
• Skin: Hair loss, skin inflammation, herpes zoster and unusual bleeding.
• Eye and ENT: Inflammation of conjunctiva, earache, ringing in the ear and visual disturbances.
• Gastrointestinal: Stomach upset, diarrhea, nausea and constipation.
• Blood: Increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate and decrease in platelets.
• Liver: Elevated liver enzymes.
• Hypersensitivity: Hypersensitivity, including anaphylaxis and symptoms of immediate hypersensitivity reaction, severe allergic reactions, bronchial spasm, chest discomfort, difficulty in breathing, swelling in the leg, hypersensitivity syndrome (serum sickness–like reaction) of delayed onset (including ecchymosis, erythema multiforme, erythema nodosum), palpitation, itching, rash, symptoms consistent with hives and low blood pressure episode.
• Local: Soreness, including discoloration of skin , redness, nodule formation, pain, itching, swelling, tenderness and warmth.
• Musculoskeletal: Joint pain, muscle weakness and spine inflammation.
• Respiratory: Inflammation of pharynx and upper respiratory tract infection.
• Miscellaneous: Fever and inflammation of blood vessels.
Use full recommended dose of the vaccine.
It is usually handled and stored by a health care provider.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!