This medication is a benzodiazepine, prescribed for sleep disorder. It works by slowing activity in the brain to allow sleep.
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, severe liver disorder, during pregnancy and hypersensitivity.
PO- The usual adult dosage is 30 mg before bedtime.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of depression, mental illness, lung, kidney or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
• People may perform some activities without their knowledge like driving car, eating food, sexual activities etc; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Most Common :
Dizziness, drowsiness, light-headedness, staggering, in-coordination and falling.
• Gastrointestinal : Heartburn, stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation and gastrointestinal pain.
• Miscellaneous : Headache, nervousness, talkativeness, apprehension, irritability, weakness, palpitations, chest pain, body and joint pain and genitourinary complaints.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!