This combination medication contains antipsychotic and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), prescribed for depression associated with bipolar disorder.
It should not be co-administered with Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOI), pimozide, thioridazine.
PO- The recommended initial dose is 1 capsule once daily (6/25mg).
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of seizures, heart, liver or kidney disease, heart attack, stroke, blood vessel problems, high blood cholesterol, high or low blood pressure, stomach problems, bleeding disorder, enlarged prostate, increased eye pressure, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), prolonged, painful erection, alcoholism, mental illness, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery and sit up or stand slowly while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated; otherwise may lead to heatstroke. .
• Patient may develop with increased risk of suicidal thoughts; watch them carefully.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections that may spread to others.
• Monitor fasting blood glucose, cholesterol and triglyceride levels, complete blood cell counts, and liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common : Disturbance in attention, dry mouth, fatigue, excessive sleepiness, increased appetite, swelling in the extremities, drowsiness, tremor, blurred vision , and increased weight.
• Eye and ENT : Taste perversion.
• Gastrointestinal : Flatulence, abdominal distension and diarrhea.
• General : Fluid retention, weakness, pain, fever, chills, neck rigidity, photosensitivity reaction.
• Metabolic : Weight loss and increased appetite.
• Musculoskeletal : Connective tissue disorders, joint pain, pain in extremity, muscle stiffness.
• Central Nervous System : Lethargy, restlessness, abnormal thinking, nervousness, memory loss.
• Genitourinary : Erectile dysfunction, breast pain, irregular periods, urinary frequency, and urinary incontinence.
• Heart : Dilatation of blood vessels.
• Skin : Hair loss, dry skin, itching.
Avoid excess dosage.
• Store at a room temperature between 20°C to 25°C
• Keep in a tightly closed container
• Protect from excess heat and moisture