This medication is a synthetic antiandrogen, prescribed for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), prostate cancer, and hair loss. It prevents testosterone conversion in to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body.
Contraindicated in pregnant women and in patients with known hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 5 mg orally once a day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of narrowing or blockage in the urinary tract, prostate cancer, trouble in urinating, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It should not be used in children.
• Genitourinary :
Impotence, decreased sexual activity, ejaculation disorder, breast enlargement and breast tenderness.
• Body as a whole : Weakness and headache.
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, drowsiness and depression.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing and runny nose.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (30°C).
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...
Sleep disorders are collectively known as ''Somnipathy.'' There are over 70 different medically ...
Unintended pregnancies are very common these days, and so one in about four pregnant women go for ...View All