This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for seasonal allergic reactions such as runny nose, sneezing, red, itchy, or watery eyes; itching. It blocks histamine's action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Adults: The recommended dose is 60 mg twice daily or 180 mg once daily with water.
Children 6 to 11 Years: The recommended dose is 30 mg twice daily with water.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with water.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney problems or trouble in urinating, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Extreme caution needed in children less than 6 months old.
• Central Nervous System :
Headache, fatigue, drowsiness, dizziness, sleeplessness and nervousness.
• Gastrointestinal : Stomach discomfort, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Genitourinary : Painful menstrual period.
• Respiratory : Cough, upper respiratory tract infection and runny nose.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, pain in extremity, fever and ear inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...View All