This medication is a histamine (H2-receptor antagonist), prescribed for ulcer. It works by decreasing the amount of stomach acid.
PO- Adult- The recommended dose is 40mg/day.
Child- The recommended dose is 0.5 mg/kg/day at bedtime.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food. It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Body as a whole :
Fever and fatigue.
• Heart : Palpitations and abnormal heart beat.
• Gastrointestinal : Vomiting, nausea, jaundice, elevated liver enzymes level, abdominal discomfort and dry mouth.
• Blood : Decreased white blood cells and platelets count.
• Hypersensitivity : Rash and swelling.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps and muscle pain.
• Central Nervous system : Confusion, seizures, hallucinations, depression, anxiety and sleep disorders.
• Skin : Acne, dry and itchy skin.
• Eye and ENT : Ringing in the ear and taste disorder.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!