This medication is antimicrotubule agent, prescribed for the partial treatment of prostate cancer. It stops the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Contraindicated in patients with obstruction in blood circulation, and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended daily dose is 14 mg per kg of body weight in divided doses.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood clot, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, congestive heart disease, migraines, seizures, liver or kidney disease, parathyroid disorder, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may affect the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus.
• Monitor liver function and bilirubin level regularly while taking this medication.
• Heart :
Heart arrest, stroke, heart attack, inflammation of blood vessels, blood clot in lungs, heart failure and fluid retention.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, leg cramps, upper respiratory discharge and hoarseness.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, diarrhea, gastrointestinal upset, loss of appetite, flatulence, vomiting, gastrointestinal bleeding, burning throat and thirst.
• Skin : Rash, itching, dry skin, pigmentation, bruising, flushing, night sweats, fingertip-peeling skin and thinning of hair.
• Genitourinary : Breast tenderness and enlargement.
• Miscellaneous : Lethargy, depression, emotional lability, sleeplessness, headache, anxiety, hot flashes, eye pain, tearing and ringing in the ear.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2° to 8°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!