This medication is an androgen receptor inhibitor, prescribed for prostate cancer. It blocks testosterone's action.
Contraindicated to pregnant women.
PO - The recommended dose is 160mg once daily.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of seizures, brain injury, stroke, brain tumors, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Weakness, fatigue, back pain, diarrhea, joint pain, hot flush, swelling in the extremities, muscle pain, headache, upper respiratory infection, muscle weakness, dizziness, sleeplessness, lower respiratory infection, spinal cord compression, cauda equina syndrome, blood in urine, tingling, anxiety, and high blood pressure.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle stiffness.
• Heart : Hot flush.
• Central Nervous System : Spinal cord compression, tingling, mental impairment, sleeplessness, anxiety.
• Infections : Upper respiratory tract infection.
• Genitourinary : Blood in urine and abnormally frequent urination.
• Skin : Itching, dry skin.
• Respiratory : Nosebleed.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store between 20°C to 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!