This medication is an antiarrhythmic agent, prescribed for cardiac arrhythmias.
Contraindicated in patients with preexisting second or third degree AV block and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended initial dosing schedule for adults is one 25 mg.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver impairment, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Body as a Whole :
Abdominal pain, weakness, chest pain, death, fever, headache, leg pain and uneasiness.
• Heart : Palpitations, swelling in the extremities and abnormal heart rhythm.
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation, diarrhea, dry mouth, loss of appetite, indigestion, nausea and vomiting.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, sleeplessness, nervousness and drowsiness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
• Skin : Rash.
• Eye and ENT : Abnormal/blurred vision and ringing in the ear.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container, keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...
Sleep disorders are collectively known as ''Somnipathy.'' There are over 70 different medically ...
Unintended pregnancies are very common these days, and so one in about four pregnant women go for ...View All