This combination medication is used to treat nausea and vomiting or morning sickness in pregnant women who do not respond to conservative management.
Contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity, asthma, increased intraocular pressure, narrow angle glaucoma, stenosing peptic ulcer, pyloroduodenal obstruction, urinary bladder-neck obstruction and women who are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs).
Initially, take two DICLEGIS delayed-release tablets orally at bedtime (Day 1). If this dose adequately controls symptoms the next day, continue taking two tablets daily at bedtime. However, if symptoms persist into the afternoon of Day 2, take the usual dose of two tablets at bedtime that night then take three tablets starting on Day 3 (one tablet in the morning and two tablets at bedtime). If these three tablets adequately control symptoms on Day 4, continue taking three tablets daily. Otherwise take four tablets starting on Day 4 (one tablet in the morning, one tablet mid-afternoon and two tablets at bedtime).
The maximum recommended dose is four tablets (one in the morning, one in the mid-afternoon and two at bedtime) daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth on an empty stomach.
• Do not engage in activities requiring complete mental alertness such as driving or operating heavy machinery, while using this medication.
• Do not use this medication if you are concurrently using central nervous system (CNS) depressants including alcohol.
• Do not crush, chew, or split tablets, swallow tablets whole.
• Take this medication as a daily prescription and not on an as needed basis.
• General - Drowsiness, uneasiness, chest discomfort, irritability, fatigue.
• Respiratory - Shortness of breath, fast heart rate, abnormal heart beat.
• Gastrointestinal - Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal distention.
• Genitourinary - Pain during urination, urinary retention.
• Central Nervous System - Dizziness, headache, abnormal sensation such as numbness, tingling, or burning, hyperactivity.
• Psychiatric - Anxiety, insomnia, nightmares, disorientation.
• Skin - Rash, excessive sweating, itching and irritation.
• Eye - Blurred vision, visual disturbances.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) in a tightly closed container away from moisture, and light. Do not remove desiccant canister from bottle.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Blount's disease is a developmental disorder in which the shinbone is affected, resulting in ...
Acanthosis nigricans is a skin condition in which discoloration and hyperpigmentation of the skin ...
Gastrointestinal Bleeding refers to hemorrhage that occurs from one or more portions of the ...View All